WHY JOIN THE SOCIETY?
- become part of a unique group of selected students and startups working together to create innovative solutions for a better, more efficient, and more sustainable world.
- be seen by companies as an “student-expert” within your area, increasing your chances to get to work with the companies on their projects and gain experience, extend your network and grow your portfolio.
- be directly connected to companies who have a meaningful problem to solve, and who’re looking for your skills to be able to solve it.
- have direct access to a network of other talented students from around the world here to help you when you need it.
HOW CAN I GET IN?
To create the best experience for everyone, we only accept students and startups who we believe add value to others in the community.
For students this means that you have talent in your field of study, and that you’re willing to share it with other students and the startups in the community when you can.
In return, feel free to ask others for help whenever you need.
WHO’S IN THE SOCIETY?
Everyone in the Society have been specially selected to ensure the Society is a community of relevance, built on respect and willingness to share knowledge, experiences and contribute to each others success. Why? Because we believe in quality, not quantity.
- The students have been screened to make sure they have relevant skills, focus, ambition and goal that contributes to the society and the other members.
- The startups have been voted in by the students to ensure the idea they’re developing is something that the students find inspiring and valuable to support.
HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
DOES IT COST ANYTHING?
Being part of The Upbeater Society is free for students. However, we have limited spots and carefully select both the students and companies we accept. And since we’re aiming to create high value for everyone in the community, we expect any selected students to be open, engaged and actively sharing their knowledge in exchange for their spot.
WILL I GET PAID?
The main gains of being part of the Upbeater Society is being able to contribute to impact and value driven innovation, grow through knowledge sharing, learn through real life practice, and build a strong network.
We also aim to create a fair and sustainable environment, where early stage startups can get help with what they can afford, and students don’t feel used to work for free. So if and when you perform any gig/job through the Upbeater Society, you will get a student freelance compensation of $13/h.